Tuesday, December 29, 2009

End of the crash course

My co op is coming to an end. It has been a great short 4 months. I have had so much fun working with Layfield.

Layfield is a small to medium company is that hungry growth. the recent expansion in China and South America is a proof. The experience is a lot different from my first co op with the provincial government. Things are more fast paced, and flexible. Being able to adjust and adapt to opportunities is the key to succeed. Having direct contact with the the upper management is a motivational factor for me. I work directly with the directors and have met the president of the company twice!

The work term is like a door to the field of HR to me. This initial exposure has equipped me with a very solid foundation in human resources, from recruiting to HR planning to benefits and compensation. I am gratefully for the opportunity and i cant thank enough for the coaching I'd received. I am confident that i will be able to utilise the skills that i gained in my future career endeavours.

Personally, i will miss the co workers that i have came to know in a more personal level. But it is time for me to move on, and hopefully things will work out in the end for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment